• Advertisement

Need help in CUCM LDAP Auth

Cisco CallManager, Cisco CallManager Express and IP Video

Need help in CUCM LDAP Auth

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 am

Hello,

I tried to set  up CUCM V7.1.3 with LDAP Auth.  I configured the CUCM to use UPN as username.  I used sys.netlab@netlab.loc in LDAP Manager Distinguished Name in LDAP Directory and the LDAP user Search base is dc=netlab,dc=loc.  It works fine.  However, when I set up LDAP Auth and try to use the same name sys.netlab@netlab.loc in LDAP manager Distinguished Name, it fail.  I tried different names and change the LDAP port to 3268 base on some Cisco documentation. Nothing works.

Please help

Thanks

Mark

Advertisement

Re:Need help in CUCM LDAP Auth

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:05 am

The UPN is not the same as the Distinguished Name (DN) in LDAP. UPN is an individual attribute on an LDAP object while DN is a fully-qualified object path within LDAP.

An example: CN=Example User,OU=Service Accounts,OU=People,DC=domain,DC=com.

In Active Directory the CN field is typically the Display Name field as shown in ADUC.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:41 am

Have you tried to put the name in the format of DOMAINUser for the authentication piece?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:55 am

Hi David

If i use Domainuser, I got  this error

Error while Connecting to ldap://10.10.10.15:3268/netlabsys.netlab, javax.naming.InvalidNameException: netlabsys.netlab: [LDAP: error code 34 - 0000208F: LdapErr: DSID-0C090654, comment: Error processing name, data 0, vece]; remaining name \netlabsys.netlab\

if I use the suggestion from Jonathan,

I got this error

Login Failure to Host ldap://10.10.10.15:3268, Please Re-Enter LDAP Manager Distinguished Name and Password

Even though the password is correct.

Regards

Mark

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:25 am

Is this a global catalog DC? If not your port should be 389, not 3268.

• Advertisement