Have you considered the alternative of renting a rack of equipment on-line?
There are several vendors out there that will rent you equipment for a few dollars per hour.
It has the following advantages:
- The equipment can be reached at any time from anywhere in the world.
- The vendor is responsible for keeping the IOS on the equipment up to date.
- If you become interested in other areas of specialisation such as security or voice it can become expensive buying an ASA or Call Manager server, phones, etc.
- You don need to find space in your house for the rack. Nor do you need to cater for installing multiple power points.
- You don have to worry about replacing faulty equipment.
- Some vendors will also provide you with assistance when you are trying to configure a device.
- You don need to off load your equipment if you find that your interests change.
- You can keep a lid on your expenses but only paying for a only a limited number of tokens to achieve a set project or configuration task.
- If you are buying second hand equipment you may or may not get a money back guarantee
Please remember to rate all posts that are helpful.