6509 add vlan to trunk

VTP, Portfast, Spanning Tree and all the other switch related stuff.

6509 add vlan to trunk

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:20 am

I have a trunk port that I need to add another vlan to and I am wondering the command to do so?  Right now the particular vlan vlan 5 is being pruned. My next question is will this be service impacting? Can I do it during the day or will it disrupt the trunk port at all?  Thanks 6509#show int gigabitEthernet 7/46 switchportName: Gi7/46Switchport: EnabledAdministrative Mode: trunkOperational Mode: trunkAdministrative Trunking Encapsulation: dot1qOperational Trunking Encapsulation: dot1qNegotiation of Trunking: OffAccess Mode VLAN: 2 (VLAN0002)Trunking Native Mode VLAN: 1 (default)Voice VLAN: noneAdministrative private-vlan host-association: noneAdministrative private-vlan mapping: noneAdministrative private-vlan trunk native VLAN: noneAdministrative private-vlan trunk encapsulation: dot1qAdministrative private-vlan trunk normal VLANs: noneAdministrative private-vlan trunk private VLANs: noneOperational private-vlan: noneTrunking VLANs Enabled: 1,4,7,8,20Pruning VLANs Enabled: 2-1001Capture Mode DisabledCapture VLANs Allowed: ALL

Re:6509 add vlan to trunk

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 am

Hi, To add a new vlan to the trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan add xx make sure to use "add" adding a new vlan to the trunk should not cause any issues.  You can do it any time. HTHReza