CUE License state is inactive

Cisco CallManager, Cisco CallManager Express and IP Video

CUE License state is inactive

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:03 am

I recently installed a CUE 3.X and upgraded it to 8.0.1. After getting the license file from Cisco, for 50 vm boxes and 8 vm ports, I installed the file using the license install ftp://.... command. The installation was successful. Upon installation, I did a license activate of 50 voicemail boxes and 8 voicemail ports. And then I reloaded the CUE module. After rebooting, when I do a show license all, I see the evaluation licenses are active and the permanent licenses are inactive. Has anyone seen this before? What is a fix for this? I tried running the license activate ..  command again for both vm boxes and ports and reloaded, yet the same thing. How can I make my permanent licenses active? Shouldn the evaluation licenses get deleted on installing the permanent licenses? CUE# sh license status applicationvoicemail enabled: 8 ports, 8 sessions, 50 mailboxesivr disabled, no activated ivr session license available -------- CUE# sh licen detIndex:  1       Feature: VMIVR-IVR-SESS                    Version: 1.0        License Type: Evaluation        License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA not accepted            Evaluation total period:  8 weeks  4 days            Evaluation period left:  8 weeks  4 days        License Count: 60 / 0        License Priority: None        Store Index: 2        Store Name: Evaluation License StorageIndex:  2       Feature: VMIVR-PORT                        Version: 1.0        License Type: Evaluation        License State: Active, In Use            Evaluation total period:  8 weeks  4 days            Evaluation period left:  4 weeks  2 days            Expiry date: Sun Apr 17 19:33:58 2011        License Count: 60 /8        License Priority: High        Store Index: 1        Store Name: Evaluation License StorageIndex:  3       Feature: VMIVR-PORT                        Version: 1.0        License Type: Permanent        License State: Inactive        License Count: 8 / 0        License Priority: Medium        Store Index: 1        Store Name: Primary License StorageIndex:  4       Feature: VMIVR-VM-MBX                      Version: 1.0        License Type: Evaluation        License State: Active, In Use            Evaluation total period:  8 weeks  4 days            Evaluation period left:  4 weeks  2 days            Expiry date: Sun Apr 17 19:21:26 2011        License Count: 600 /50        License Priority: High        Store Index: 0        Store Name: Evaluation License StorageIndex:  5       Feature: VMIVR-VM-MBX                      Version: 1.0        License Type: Permanent        License State: Inactive        License Count: 55 / 0        License Priority: Medium        Store Index: 0        Store Name: Primary License Storage [/quote:ctk4q8nb]

Re:CUE License state is inactive

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 am

Hi Dev, I think the problem here is that the "Evaluation" licenses have a higherpriority than the "Permanent" licenses  For activating the permanent license: In some cases even though the permanent license has been installed, the show license in use would show up the evaluation license. CUE8-0-1# show license in-useStoreIndex:  4  Feature: VMIVR-PORT                        Version: 1.0        License Type: Evaluation        License State: Active, In Use        License Count: 8 /8        License Priority: MediumStoreIndex:  5  Feature: VMIVR-IVR-SESS                    Version: 1.0        License Type: Evaluation        License State: Active, In Use        License Count: 2 /2        License Priority: MediumStoreIndex:  7  Feature: VMIVR-VM-MBX                      Version: 1.0        License Type: Evaluation        License State: Active, In Use        License Count: 105 /5        License Priority: Medium  Please run the following command and reboot the CUE: CUE8-0-1# license modify priority VMIVR-IVR-SESS lowSimilarly for all the other featuresAfter the CUE is rebooted the CUE would boot up with the permanent licenses. From Amit @ Cisco https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12008  Cheers!Rob

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:11 am

Thanks Rob, but its still the same.Do I believe that the license file is corrupt? Why wouldn the permanent license overwrite the evaluation license?

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:26 am

Hi Dev, Im pretty sure this is your issue here  Have a look at the actual command description, it looks like the method I gaveyou previously was flawed. You need to list the name of the license feature (high)that you want to change to "low" So for your example; license modify priority VMIVR-PORT high orlicense modify priority VMIVR-VM-MBX  high this should list the VMIVR-PORT or VMIVR-VM-MBX "evaluation" license so that you can change it to lowonce you re-boot the higher rated permanent licenses should show active/in use license modify priority#To modify the license priority information, use the license modify priority command in Cisco Unity Express EXEC mode.#license modify priority feature name {high | low} #Syntax Description #high#Sets the license priority level to high.#low#Sets the license priority level to low.[/quote]#Command Default#None.#Command Modes#Cisco Unity Express EXEC#Command History #Cisco Unity Express Version #Modification#7.1#This command was introduced.#Usage Guidelines#This commands enables you to modify the license priority level. This command lists all the expiring licenses that are available for the specified feature and you can change the priority level to be the highest for the selected license.#Examples#The following example shows how to change the license priority level:#se-10-0-0-0# license modify priority TCV-USER  high #Feature: TCV-USER#Index:  1       License type    : Evaluation#Lock type       : Locked#License Count   : 2#License Priority: Low##Are you sure you want to modify priority? (yes/[no]): yes##Note The application will evaluate the changes in the next reboot. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_i ... #wp1031346  Cheers!Rob

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:05 am

Hello Rob! That worked.One minor thing to be remembered: Since the names of evaluation and permanent licenses are same, and evaluation had a higher priority, it would make sense lowering its priority. I tried increasing the permanent license priority from medium to high and that gave me an error since the CUE got confused with another license for the same feature which was already on a high priority. Thanks once again Rob. Message was edited by: Devavrat Oka