Bulk UDP Update

Cisco CallManager, Cisco CallManager Express and IP Video

Bulk UDP Update

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:50 am

Hi, We have over 3000 User Device Profiles that need the User Hold MOH Audio Source field changed back to <none>  on CUCM 7.13 Can seem to find an easy to do a bulk update for UDPs - is this not possible or am i missing something obvious? Thanks

Re:Bulk UDP Update

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:09 am

Under Bulk Administration theres User Device Profiles -> Addu/Update Lines -> Update Lines... 

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:40 am

Hi, Yeah i understand that but i don need to update the line.......i need to update the Device Profile itself.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:31 am

Hi It is a terrible thing. The only way Ive found to address this is via the AXL API, or by being evil and directly updating the DB. A while back I posted a rudimentary tool that can do this sort of thing for you  - see my post : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3036771#3036771 Essentially the input CSV file you would need would have two entries for each UDP: updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPDAVE1234,networkHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPDAVE1234,userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPSALLY1235,networkHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPSALLY1235,userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2etc A lot of lines, but you should be able to whip this up in Excel easy enough - by exporting all UDP names from CCM if you like, or a subset, or whatever. You may find it easier to create two files with one line for each UDP, and then search/replace networkHold for userHold, and run the two files seperately. Oh - and always do a single-line input file first to verify your spelling/results. Regards Aaron Please rate helpful posts...

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:00 am

Aaron, That does the trick perfectly!!!!!! Your help is priceless.......by putting the userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,0 field in i can get everyone back to <none> in their profile & now just change the default MoH in service parameters. Job done!! Cheers