Communication between interfaces of ASA 5510

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.

Communication between interfaces of ASA 5510

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Dear Support-Team, I configured ASA 5510 ... Totally it had 5 ports.. How to provide communication between two different interfaces which had configured as same security level????? How many trunks will support ASA 5510 with base-license??? How to configure trunk to an interface with different VLNs Router on a stick.... Regards, Janardhan

Re:Communication between interfaces of ASA 5510

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:14 pm

How to provide communication between two different interfaces which had configured as same security level?????-- Enable: same-security-traffic permit inter-interface How many trunks will support ASA 5510 with base-license???-- Supports 50 VLANs:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6 ... ~mid-range How to configure trunk to an interface with different VLNs( Router on a stick)....-- Not too sure what you mean on this. You would need to configure trunk to a switch, not to a router. And as far as ASA is concern, you will just need to configure sub interfaces for the ASA physical interface to become a trunk port (and not to configure name/security level/ip address on the actually trunk physical interface):http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/securit ... #wp1082576 Hope that helps.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:43 pm

Hi Jennifer Halim Thanks for your support..... i will try with this configuration...  How to configure my firewall as DNS server... i.e in my local systems i willenter my firewall inside IP as DNS server... IP : 192.168.1.10Mask: 255.255.255.0G.W: 192.168.1.1 (Firewall Inside IP)DNS1:192.168.1.1( Firewall inside IP) Here how to configure my ISP DNS server IPs in my firewall.  Regards, Janardhan On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:23 AM, halijenn <

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:18 am

Firewall can not be configured as the DNS server.If your outside interface of the ASA is DHCP assigned, you can use the DNS from your ISP and pass that to your inside/internal hosts if you have configured the ASA as a DHCP server.However, if you have not, then you would need to use an internal DNS server, or the DNS server provided by your ISP as ASA does not act as a DNS server.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:44 am

Dear Jennifer Halim Thanks for your quick response... Is it possible to provide communication between two different interfaceswhich had configured as different security level?????  Regards, JanardhanOn Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:23 AM, halijenn <